Thursday 12 November 2015

Lamula Nassuna Project

Project Three - Lamula Nassuna 

Re-designing A Well Tailored Suit

Today we got a new project brief by a designer. The project brief was to re-design one of her tailored suits. There was many way to go about this, but the suit had to be modernly acknowledged piece. First of all I started exploring though tailored suits by designers recommended in the project; I started to collect images and started creating a mood board. From my mood board I then starting taking interesting section and traced over them. 
Own Work - Lamula Nassuna Mood Board
After finding interesting shapes, I started looking at different suit collars, and began drawing them out, I then started looking at fluidity in the collar. loose construction. Then I started drawing out suit jackets using the collars that I drew out previous and also incorporating my favourite sections of the garments from my mood board as inspiration.
Own Design Work
When I was drawing out designs i incorporated different sections of interest, and my favourite was the flaps. I liked the idea of the fabric being folded over and for the lining of that to be a different colour. So one jacket in particular interested me, so I took this on to further development. To aid my project I decided to explore through the WGSN website for the newest upcoming fashion forecasting. From here I the upcoming colour trends.
Own - Colour Mood Board
Reference from WGSN Fashion Forecasting colour trends. I decided to go with the elemental pallet. I then started gathering pictures with similar colour schemes into my colour mood board and then following the pallet into my design work. With the final design I chose for the tailored jacket I started experimenting with different colour combinations from the elemental pallet.
Own - Colour Combinations
Final Colour Combination
Then I began to focus on the bottom, so I drew out a couple of designs of how I see fashion in the streets in modern society around the my area. I wanted to add a personal element of youth to my theme, so I started designing to my preference.
Own  Design Work
From my designs, I felt that the ones with the rolled up bottoms most related to my background and my youth group, So I decided to take that further and make them in to calf high trousers that rolled up to expose a beautiful vibrant lining.
Own - Final Colour Combinations
I kept the same colour scheme for the bottoms, but played around with different designs, I ended up using the stripes for my final suit, this is because it added another element of complexity rather then just being plain bottoms. I ended up choosing the same two colours as the tailored jacket because I also wanted it to be obvious that it is a complete suit and not just separate pieces.
Final Tailored Suit - Lamula Nassuna Project
I really like the outcome for this project because it represents the kind of fashion that I like to look into, plus my fashion mentality. I enjoyed this project because it took me out of my comfort zone of crazy contemporary garments and into the line of commercial clothing that can also be altered to fit the modern scene.

No comments:

Post a Comment