Tuesday 3 November 2015

Illusions and Protection

Project Two - Personal

The Protection Of The Dream Catcher

Extracted Words From Research
Own Work - Illusion and Protection Mood Board
In my mood board are several pieces of artworks that represent illusions and a theme that runs through the work is colour; a splash of several colours represent imagination and lucid dreaming. For my work to enhance the ideology of dreaming I wanted to keep the theme of swirling colours, an abstract pattern that makes you feel like you are falling into a dream. 

Frown upon my withered heart
and wipe away my tears.
Catch the nightmares, catch my dreams
and snare my childish fears.

Protect me, Catcher, put me down
and watch me sleep to - day
the worries they encase me
My dream's the price I pay

The morning comes unfiltered
the cycle is broken for now
Oh Catcher! My Catcher!
My faithful night snatcher!
Laid a kiss on my wavering brow.

I started using the dream catcher as my focal point to my work, following up on the belief behind the ornament and also its history. I started collecting research to find that the dream catchers structure is what people see to be protecting.

No comments:

Post a Comment