Wednesday 20 April 2016

FMP - Kandinsky Influences

FMP - Week Three - Day 2

Responding to Sound; Kandinsky Inspired..

Back On Track


Art By Wassily Kandinsky

Today I began to get back on track, I had a set task for myself. I started looking at the Artist 'Kandinsky'; he has been one of my favourite artist because of his style of abstract work, precise lines and juxtapositioning. I love how you can get lost in his work and at every glance there is something there that you hadn't noticed before.  To me his work looks like Sound and vibrations, so I wanted to use his theme to create some of my own responses to some voice recordings I had recorded earlier this weekend. 
I chose 8 different recording with different people and ink painted some small line drawings in response to the voice recordings, The colours differed from person to persons and situations to other situations. I then created a small book out of the responses and placed that into my portfolio. 

I was really pleased how the responses turned out, however, I don't have any further plans for them which is not ideal. I want to continue making these responses however because it then makes them more personal to me; how I feel towards listening to the situations that have already occurred around me. My response.

No comments:

Post a Comment