Thursday 29 October 2015

Who Do You Think I Am?

Project Two - Personal

Developing A Clearer Identity

Before I started anything developing further, I decided to find out who I was first. Personally I don't know how to describe myself or my interest as it becomes too biased; so first I for-took some interviews with family and friends and recorded their responses. I started with my sister.
Interview Analysis
Extraction of Words from Interview With Sister
This is extracted from a live interview with my sister, I had asked her to do this as she knows me better than anyone else; my personal interests; the way I work and my interests. I asked her simply for words that she thought described me; then I asked her to elaborate with evidence supporting her statement and recorded her response. I then started quickly asking around my friends and family for words that they thought described me and recorded them into a sheet.
Own - Sketchbook Recording
I started the asking around my close friends how they'd describe me in 5 words, and started to record their responses in my sketchbook. I then started to develop my own perspective on my identity by then brain storming from - Who Am I?
I then started to explore my personal feelings and interests and came up with some interesting concepts.
Own - Sketchbook Brainstorming
I started off with the simple interests that are obvious about me, Dancing, Writing, Singing, Drawing and Socializing. I then started making links from the perceptions of other on me and my own bias of who I am. One common factor is that I tend to enjoy company of youngers; this is also influenced my inner immaturity and gullible beliefs. When I was younger I loved reading and now, I seem to still read the same kind of novels about power and  protection. From this I started thinking about my objects, the power of the earphones creating an illusive world; the intricacy of the fob watch working to the tiniest details, the meaning behind the ankle bracelets; the personal scrapbook of drawings and writing, the creativity... and of course the naivety and innocence of the protection of the dream catcher. All the objects reflect perfectly my personality, and all sum up into the word protection, So I decided to carry the concept of the dream catcher further. 

No comments:

Post a Comment