Tuesday 27 October 2015

Personal Project

Project Two - Personal Project

Can You Represent Yourself In Objects?

So this project was based on ourselves, who we are.. the experiences that created our personal identities. So the project started by elaborating on 5 of our most favorite/ important objects. These objects needed to be deep and meaningful as well as self explanatory. I started looking around and wrote a list of potential things that i felt wee meaningful around my house, but then I came to a realization that the object I chose reflected my past and not who I am today, so I re-evaluated and started picking out object that I keep close to my heart now, and came up with some solid items.
Own - Personal Objects
















For my personal Objects, I chose, My Scrapbook which I have been writing in since the beginning on 2013, I wrote during all the big events of my modern life, it also stored all my personal drawings, aspirations and ambitious writing pieces. A piece of my personal mind incorporated in each page, all my secret hidden thoughts and voice. I chose my dream catcher as well, this was an object that has always been an ornament in my room, it was actually given to me from my sister who was gifted it from a friend; I kept it because I love the concept of the dream catcher, who it took away bad dreams and I used to adore the soft feathers at the bottom as a child. I also chose my fob watch which was also given as a gift from my sister on her visit to China; I kept this because it was a beautiful tiny watch with intricate beautiful designs cut all around the watch, the delicacy really intrigued me and it became the focus of my GCSE art projects. Another object I chose was the ankle bracelet.. actually its not something I've had for a long time, but the meaning behind the bracelet is strong. Me and my best friend have recently become reunited after long years of hardships, we became really close again, seeing eachother all the time and frequently catching up; our relationship has gotten so much stronger and like the childish girls we are, we started shopping for matching ankle bracelets just to be 'edgy'. I got the gold and she got the silver and we wear them almost all the time, however the meaning behind this ankle bracelet is more important and powerful than the actual object, the fight to build our relationship together again. My final object is my earphones, I know its something that I couldn't do without. For me, technology is a way to escape reality, a virtual world, carefree. My earphones create this sense of escapism for me, it creates this little world where i'm in control, and everything else is blocked out.

No comments:

Post a Comment