Friday 2 October 2015

The Eye of The Camera

Week Five - Lens Based Media

Explore the potential of the camera, both still and moving 


Question how the frame can explain narrative and meaning in an image. The day had begun with a long presentation, explaining the golden ratio and how it is seen to be positively correct and beautiful. We also learn about framing, and how it could potentially have a reason behind for example, to emphasize movement. We also took a look at Richard Billingham, Robert Maplethorpe and Sofie Calle. After the presentation we were asked to pin up our six photographs that we had brang. 

Love, Hope & Dreams
Love, Hope & Dreams
Love, Hope & Dreams
Love, Hope & Dreams
Love, Hope & Dreams
Love, Hope & Dreams
When I had originally taken these photos I though I was being quite smart however when I started understand the brief more clearly I had realized what a big mistake I had made. My photographs represent 'Love, Hope and Dreams' rather than telling a story, I just made my pictures have a connection, which is where I went wrong with the task. There is also a connection between the doll and the ancient burnt paper, the idea of young and old further symbolizing growth.

Life Drawing in Photography


Our final task of the day was to get into groups of 8 and start doing life drawing of each other as they stand into the center of the circle. the models were asked to do a different pose each time and for different lengths of time, so each drawing would be totally different.

Own Work - Life Drawing
Own Work - Life Drawing
Own Work - Life Drawing
Own Work - Life Drawing

Own Work - Life Drawing

 These drawing worked particularly well for me. I thought it was quite an interesting approach as the only changing variable was the time given per picture and we had to have a complete picture in that time






No comments:

Post a Comment