Tuesday 12 January 2016

Playing With Natural Forms

Project Four - Industry

Exploring Through Honeycomb

Own Sample - Honeycomb Corpse
My Group started looking into the honeycomb structure, so I decided to incorporate that into my work. First I had a picture of the honeycomb and edited onto Photoshop to see the initial structure, however it ended up looking like a corpse, and seemed extremely relevant to the theme of the bee's so I used the corpse like structure of the honeycomb in my work. I started making samples of these with a simple black plastic. I then started melting parts away to show corrosion and I felt this was a great sample to start photographing on the body for more development.







Own Photography - Sampling
From these I started developing my final collection for the honeycomb accessory collection. I used Both filled original honeycomb that could be cut with a laser cutter on plastic, whilst the corpse with bendy plastic similar to my sample.

Final Lineup For Honeycomb Accessories




No comments:

Post a Comment