Thursday 21 January 2016

Reconstruct Deconstruct

Project Five - Reconstruct Deconstruct

Take It Literally...

This project is about deconstructing garments then reconstructing them into something different. The project starts with you scanning in some of your garments in different way, exposing different details that engage you most.






I decided to use different textures; for example, a tailored suit, a jumper, a shirt, a jean jacket and a beach top. By doing this I hoped to achieve different varied outcomes; you can understand from the scans that the different pieces of clothing leave very different results. I then began to start making Frankenstein from cut out from the scans. 
Own Work - Fashion Illustrations
I think these work pretty well, I was quite pleased with the outcome of the illustrations, I did them on top of tracing paper, and sewed into them for extra texture.
I then started to develop more and tried to work on the stand with my garments.






Own Stand Work
I then continued working on the stand with garments I was happy to pull apart and sew back together.

No comments:

Post a Comment