Thursday 17 March 2016

FMP - Analysing Research

FMP - Week One - Day 3

Creating A Good Body Of Research

Own Work - Research Folder
So today I whipped out the highlighters and notepads, and began analysing my research in greater detail. I found plenty of useful information on political voice and neo-liberalism whilst attempting to de-code a PhD essay in 'Culture and politics after neo-liberalism' by Nick Couldry'; I noted down the most influential sections and words which I felt appropriate to keep hold of, for example; 'oppression', 'transparent', and a 'collective voice'. The research also provided plenty of other references in which I had interest to looking at. I also looked at an English pronunciation book, which teaches the basics of English and accent, I found this very interesting and quite confusing. Its quite drawing how they manage to explain the basics of speech including the movement of the tongue, I started taking notes unsure whether i'd use the information or not. I also began looking into poetry from the book 'Poetry in (E)Motion' and from here I started looking into paranoia. 

This analysis has really helped me accumulate more ideas for my project, the only problem is that it currently isn't personal to me; I want the project to be personal to me because then I will feel like I can work wholeheartedly because I have a connection to the project. I want to show a piece of me in my work.

No comments:

Post a Comment