Tuesday 22 March 2016

FMP - Organising An Interview

FMP - Week Two - Day 1

Primary Research

Finding The Story...


Stills - Interview With Nani
Today I began looking over the interview with my Nani, and decided the interview was way too personal so I couldn't use it for the Project. I then began thinking of a more light hearted ways to replicate the same kind of information and came up with a solution. I contacted my best friend whom I hadn't seen for almost a whole year and asked her to do an interview with me. Me and Maria are very close and I know her inside out; her story and the emotions she went through growing up, as I was by her witnessing it all. Today I booked a camera and recorder again to film an interview with Maria tomorrow. I wrote down a few questions and told her what kinds of long responses I was expecting; she was happy to do this. I chose to do the interview with Maria because she had moved to this country not knowing any English at a young age, and its the struggles of her moving to London and trying to fit in that I want to highlight. Having a voice but not being able to use it.

I spent the rest of today asking my peers to evaluate my research and for their opinions on what they believe is going well. This was a good idea as now I am starting to understand that I need to come up with some kind of visual work for my theme.

No comments:

Post a Comment