Wednesday 24 February 2016

3D Skeletal Petals

Project Seven - Three Words

2D to 3D to 2D

Development

I started to draw out some skeletal Petals inspired from my close up flower mood board. In Hesse' work, she uses quite veiney structures, so I too wanted to use that technique in my work. I drew out the skeletal petals in small with a fine line pen then blew them up on the photocopier and printed 15 copies. I also did the same for some other area of my mood board and made replicas. I then began to cut them out and place them strategically on the stand.
Own - Stand Work
Own - Stand Work
For my stand work I tried to make the petals overtake the body, almost as though it alive and growing out of the body. After the stand work, I began to draw up some designs.

Own Work - Development
Own Work - Development
 For these designs I tried to but the flowers in uncomfortable positions, just throwing them onto different areas of the body, the density and weight of the flower is then meant to pull at pat of the garment, making an uncomfortable look. On some of the design the flower takes of the material completely so the garment is tugged and creased. I decided to use quite smart tailored clothing for this project to represent the kind identity i'm interested in; the flower pulling and tugging at the garment also symbolises the struggle of adulthood and the discomfort it causes. The 'reveal' section of my work is also symbolised through the flower, because although it is an annoying piece of the garment, it is also quite beautiful, and again represents the beauty of growth in identity. The garment will be punctured where the flower will come through, so quite literally will help reveal the garment and the statement. I want to make the flower from knitted nylon, I know this works particularly well as done by Nora Fok, in her bubble bath collection. I also hope to weave the petals through the garment to show more discomfort. Another idea I had was to manipulate the fabric and pull at seams and singular threads to enhance the idea of things being 'odd' or 'out of place'. 


No comments:

Post a Comment