Sunday 7 February 2016

Developing Shadows

Project Six - Politics

Exaggerating Your Concept

Today I began to take some of my own silhouette misconceptions. First I started off with the simple silhouette of a Muslim hijab'd female, then I added animal ears, horns and extra material on the back to create humps. I then got the girls to move in odd positions to distort the shadow, so that you can no longer see the human features. The idea behind the shadow is for the people to not look human, but animalitic so that it brings to light the generalisaton that the government give to potential 'terrorists', it also shows misconceptions through the shadow being completely different from what is casting the shadow. 

Chains

Horns
Muslim Girls Shadow
Horns

Capture
Running
Chained
Hopeless



No comments:

Post a Comment