Sunday 28 February 2016

Material, Texture, Design.

Project Seven - Three Words

The Final Line Up

The Finishing Contributions

Own Work - Development
I started to develop more into the upper garments, using the idea of tension, weight and fabric manipulation. I started thinking about the idea of a nylon knitted coat. The idea of reveal by seeing the under garment; identity by using the structure of a smart coat and of course Eva Hesse inspired by keeping the vein structure from the petals. After drawing out a few jacket designs, I went on to create some bottoms. There's one way in particular I wanted to carry this out in, and that is by creating long boot-cut trousers. It plays the part on the smart casual side to identity.
Own Work - Development
In the trousers, I didn't want to use the literal petal by more playing with the fabrics. I took some cloth and started pulling and cutting at in in different directions, this samples created a good base for the bottoms.
Own Sample. Tension
I then started creating my own nylon petals however, by using glue as the base.
This worked extremely well and I was able to finish off my final piece by having a clearer visual image of the petals teat will potentially overtake the piece.
I then chose my favourite designs, altered them slightly and drew up my final outcomes.

Final Line Up
I believe that my concept for this project was quite clever, however at part I feel like i ma have take the work too literally and it could have potentially been far more conceptual then it already is. I quite enjoyed this project, especially the designing element when you have a clear structure. I would like to re-work some of my sketchbook on this, but I'm still quite happy with the concept and outcomes... (Illustrations could have been nicer - probably re-draw that)

No comments:

Post a Comment