Wednesday 3 February 2016

Politics Project

Project Six - Politics

Your Own Revolution

This project was to create your own political campaign, the topic is your own choice. First we were given a small presentation, showing us some examples of fashion campaigns on the runway, some collection campaign with slogan textile and some with the production of the show. I started really thinking about an issue close to home that I feel emotionally attached to; Politics is a subject that really angers me as I have much to say. I went on to look at the most serious issue at the moment, and the two highest votes went to immigration and terrorism. Naturally my heart went with the terrorism issue. I went to look at the statistics to the polling and was shocked at the votes. 'Should the UK deport immigrants who are considered to be promoting terrorism?' - 87% say yes whilst the minority of 13% no. I then went on to vent onto my mood board. So many people these day are being generalised by a measly system. what the government fail to understand is that statistics are messing with individual lives, the misconceptions and slip up can mean you're sending someones life back into the arms of dangers. 
My Views On The System
Misconception Mood Board
For this project I looked at Kara Walker, in her work she uses silhouettes, at first glance you cant make out what is going on in the pictures, but the closer you look and the more time you spend, you realise that they are sadistic scenes of rape, murder and slavery. I really wanted to look into silhouette to produce this idea of ambiguity, thinking multiple reasons. I want my work to still somewhat be commercial, because its a statement that should be heard. I also started looking into the idea of the wolf wearing sheep skin; misconceptions. 

No comments:

Post a Comment