Tuesday 22 September 2015

Constructing our final ideas

Week Two - Fashion and Textiles

Today's activities consisted of constant development towards our final pieces. we were asked to bring in five photocopies of models for our fashion illustrations, we then started doing paper designs on top of the models in inspiration from our chosen artwork. I decided to replicate Kandinsky's use of shapes as a base of structure in my work.
Own Work - 3D illustrations
This piece of work was aesthetically  pleasing however was not useful in helping me come up with a final piece as the ideas came across ambivalent and widely diverse thereby leaving me with no direction.
We were then asked to print out copies of our artwork, in different sizes and then start creating stencil cutouts to use as a guide to create  20 more design ideas.
Kandinsky's 'Orange' artwork in fashion cutouts form
This worked particularly well because I was then able to understand that I could be selective about what I put into my final piece including colour and patterns; whether I want it to busy or simple.
The final task of the day was then to create another 20 fashion illustrations. 
by doing this I started developing my ideas and a solid formed outcome.
Own work on final fashion illustrations
This worked particularly well because I then started to think more seriously about structure and how it would typically hold up, I also allowed room to think about how it could have possibly been constructed and also the overall link to my chosen artwork. by using this format i was easily able to weigh out the pros and cons when coming to my final conclusion at illustration no.20
Own Work - Final Composition
My collar piece is constructed in the shape of a scarf but used and functions as a necklace.

No comments:

Post a Comment