Sunday 20 September 2015

Who Am I?

My passport



I didn't have many idea of what I could put down into my passport. when trying to find out who I am, I came to the realization that I am who I am because of the events that I have been through in my life; because of the people in my life and because of the lesson I have been taught.

Own Work - Passport to self

This passport however showed a different side to me, my interests, hobbies and hopes. 

Own Work - Passport to self
 with the first page I started to collage newspaper articles and then cut out my name in the front page. 
The reason behind this is due to my love in reading and journalism as well as a keen interest in politics. My ideas were set of how I expected it to turn out,  however I was very disappointed with it, this is because it looked tacky and rushed.
Own Work - Passport to self
This is a observational drawing of my favourite bracelet that my older sister had given me. The bracelet is quite meaningful to me, so I focused my passport around the chain being lead through the whole book. A symbolism of how my personal life doesn't need to be mentioned however, it is there and it is what keeps me together and what makes me who I really am.
Own Work - Passport to self
This is just an insight of the kind of things i'm interested in; colour and experimenting with different materials. I love playing around with new textures in my work especially 3D.
Own Work - Passport to self
This is one of my favourite poems '754' by Emily Dickinson. I studied this poem for a while trying to understand what went through her mind when she wrote it. It comes across extremely ambiguous and open to all kinds of interpretation, therefore I feel the poem is quite personal and relates directly to everyone in some way.
Own Work - Passport to self
when you lift up the page with the poem, there is a picture of engineering and the intricacy in the tiniest detail. I found this in a book I was looking at earlier and found it really interesting in how the everything works right down to the tiniest detail to process. I then started to cut below the picture, tiny squares to emphasize my love of time intensive intricacy.
Own Work - Passport to self
On this page I gathered a few meaningful items to me and took a picture, on the right page is some really interesting pieces I was drawn to at the V&A museum in the South Korean section.
Own Work - Passport to self
On two of the pages I cut out some skylines, this was to symbolise my love and interest in 3D design and architecture.
Own Work - Passport to self
On this page I did a simple textural dress to express my love in fashion and textiles.
Own Work - Passport to self
This was the most time consuming secction; I did a double page of hand drawn aztec patterns, I then cut the centre to pend back and make a further 3D textural pattern whilst also cutting along the edge of one of the pages of another skyline. I love mixing all my interests into one, so I though this had worked particularly well.
Own Work - Passport to self
 Birds eye view on my last few pages, combining all my interests together in a 3D format.

No comments:

Post a Comment