Wednesday 23 September 2015

Kandinsky 'Orange'

Final Piece

When constructing my final piece I adamant to use unusual materials; as my composition consisted of circles I decided to use cupcake cases to create the base of the accessory. In doing so it left an angelic feeling to it, looking soft and feathery, so I decided to use that as my background for my Kandinsky inspired drawings. My final piece consisted of big bold geometric shapes that were both three dimensional and saturated in colour. 

Own Work - Wassily Kandinsky 'Orange' Inspired Work
When constructing the piece I felt quite disheartened towards it as I looked around and saw the various amazing ideas that ran around the classroom; mine seemed boring and far too simple; however as I kept adding elements towards the piece it started to look more and more like Kandinsky's work and therefore I was quite pleased that I  had completed the criteria and overall was happy at the final composition of how everything had worked well together.

Own Work - Final Piece


No comments:

Post a Comment