Monday 28 September 2015

The Art Of Graphics

Week Four - Graphics

Be individualistic in all you work..

Today lesson involved using mixed media, mark making and collage experiments. we started the lesson by taking out our different drawing materials, we then had to be placed opposite someone to do some observational drawings. We had four pieces of A4 paper and each would consist of different materials and drawing methods. 
Own Work -  No.1 Blind Drawing
My first drawing was a blind pencil drawing. When I opened my eyes, I was quite shocked at the composition, however I didn't hate it, I thought it was quite interesting, because all the body parts are there, just not in the right place or order

Own Work - No.2 Left Handed Pen Drawing
 This drawing was drawn using the hand opposite to my writing hand. I really liked this piece of work, even though it was extremely uncomfortable to use my left hand, I love how the lines are scruffy as it leaves an interesting texture to the drawing.

Own Work - No.3 Continuous Line Drawing
 For this piece I used a black felt tip pen, and drew in a continuous line without letting the en come off the paper. I didn't like the outcome to the image as it seems uneasy and too bold and confident. By using just the one line, I couldnt estimate the proportions correctly which is another regret.

Own Work - No.4 Mouth Drawing
In this drawing I used a fine tip pen using my mouth to draw. Even though it looks nothing like I would have imagined, I quite like it because it has a unique taste to it, it looks quite depressing and scary in a sense, it has that element of fright and fear. I really enjoyed doing these drawing as it helped me become more loose in my approach in my work.

Class Work Presented 
Our final observational drawing task was to draw an A1 ear. The ear was expected to have details, deep shading and to replicate the actual form of an ear. In my work I had used a fine line pen. when re- evaluating my choices I realize that it would have been better to use a deep prominent colour and material such a charcoal as it was expected in detail of such a large scale. However my work isn't bad, but i'm sure I could have done better if I had used charcoal or something similar.
Own Work - Observational Drawing Of Ear

Mark Making

Our second activity of the day was to use mixed media to do mark making. We were all designated a letter to replicate again and again in different form and with different techniques. My letter was 'R'.
So i took the initial idea of the flicky 'R', and began my first copy.

Own Work - Exploring Mark Making
The next task was to choose your most favourite design and enlarge it onto A4 paper. i chose the first one but also quite liked the last one too. So I had decided to mix them both by taking the swirly flicks from the first one, and then cutting inside the flicks like the last one. 

Own Work - Final 
I was really happy with the final outcome, I loved how the letter looked fluent and delicate with the flicks and neatly cut shapes. I thoroughly enjoyed this task. 


No comments:

Post a Comment