Tuesday 10 May 2016

FMP - Designing For A Print

FMP - Week Six - Day 1

Designing A Garment For A Textiles Print

I decided that I definitely want to use the hand print as a textile design for one of my garments; it makes it more strong and meaningful than if it were just a structure. I tried to work the design into a garment however it didn't have the same impact since you were unable to see all the splats and the ink running into all different directions. So this morning I went out to find out how the sublimation printer works and how i'd go about printing my own design onto my fabric.
As there is not much time left to complete my project I decided to do a dress. I wanted a simple straight, structure-less shift dress and began designing. I was pretty pleased with the outcomes but wasn't sure which dress exactly I should go with, I then drew out flats for the outcomes. 
Own Sketchbook Work - Shift Dress Designs

No comments:

Post a Comment