Tuesday 24 May 2016

FMP - Pattern Cutting And Making - Shift Dress

FMP - Week Eight - Day 1

Making The Dress

The Big Day

Today I started to make the shift dress, I had my own dress patterns so all I had to do was alter the width of the dress and instead of making two from pieces, I double it to make one. The whole process was much easier than I would have ever expected considering it my first proper garment that I have ever made. I simply sewed up all pieces together. My first mistake however is that I had sewn that facing on before I had sewn the front and back which really irritated me when I had realised. I then got really impatient when the arm hole facing wasn't going inside comfortably, so I had to re-cut my own pattern facing and then this worked out much better. Another mistake is had made is when I was making the facing I forgot to sew both sides together so now they flop about freely on the inside which is very irritating. All in all, I am pretty happy with the dress, the print is beautifully pungent and powerful and the dress is almost well constructed! And the detachable choker is quite lovely as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment