Tuesday 3 May 2016

FMP - Sound Movement

FMP - Week Five - Day 1

The Movement of Sound


I started today by making a splodge on a sheet of paper then halving it so the colour spreads symmetrically to the other side. I used the same colours as in my response to the recording track I made. I quite like the pattern it made and how the colours dispersed ito eacother because once again like my croatia knit it looks like something 'bodily', almost like blood. I then photocopied this and started playing with the pattern on the stand with my other samples. I think this worked particularly well and could look really good if I potentially laser cut fabric pieces in the same way then strategically place them together. 

Tassal Sample
Over the weekend I had plenty of time to think long and hard about what my next approach could be, so I then began reading back into my research and noticed the political section, so I began to brainstorm ideas of actual sound that happens with movement; like the movement that follows after a strong voice in politics. For example tassels, fringing, all work with excessive movement. From this point I started making tassel samples. and experimenting with them on the stand. I made one particular tassel sample that took plenty of time to create, I used beads around the ends of the wool to create sound like a wind chime. This worked particularly well and I was really happy with the concept behind it, however I'm not too sure it relates the voice, but more sound and forms of non verbal communication.



No comments:

Post a Comment